Well after a full season with the new ball park I figured I'd throw out some pros and cons to the park. I'll just do my Top 10 pros and cons.Pros:
1. Nice location near the bay and in the middle of down town.
2. Western Metal Supply Building and field looks real nice
3. I like how they scan your ticket. Also if you buy tickets on line all you gotta do is swipe your credit card to get in. That's sick.
4. Park in the park is a nice idea. Nice for the kids to run wild.
5. Bigger seats for bigger butts. The seats are rotated towards the field. More leg room.
6. More food choices. Restaurant type atmosphere.
7. I'm starting to struggle to think of pros. It's nice that you can find free street parking without too much trouble and nice little walk.
8. I bet those box seats are nice. I'd like to go in one sometime.
9. Really struggling now. Oh I like that giant Sand Box in center field aka "the kitty litter box"
10. I like the fact that there are designated standing areas where you can watch the game.Cons:
1. Not enough Restrooms or they aren't big enough. Never once did I have to wait in line at Qualcomm Stadium. Now I'm waiting in line and it's crazy dirty. They looked nice when they were new, but with that many people using a small bathroom they get filthy.
2. You can't just walk straight to a place in the ball park. You have to climb stairs and turn corners, take elevators, avoid security guards, walk down ramps, weave through Pad Squadders... etc.
3. Sometimes it's hard just to find an exit.
4. Those seats on top of the Western Metal Supply aren't for Padres Fans. They are ALWAYS being used for Corporate Suits doing their big business. The entire area on top is ALWAYS roped off for big wig execs.
5. There isn't much unique to San Diego about the park. Couldn't they have given it a mission theme or something?
6. They shoulda put the walk ways behind the seats instead of in front. You have people walking in front of you in View the entire time. I don't like those employees holding signs to make you wait to go to your seat between pitches either.
7. Everything is so expensive. Seats, food, parking, gear...
8. You can't have enough Day games because of the location. That kinda sucks. I love a good day game. I think the park looks a lot better in the day without all the flashing Ads, which brings us to...
9. So many Ads, it was worse when it first opened. The scoreboard was so distracting.
10. Park in the Park doesn't have much of a view and they kick you out when they have firework shows. "Hey I paid for my park in the park seat, you can't kick me out in the 7th inning! Maybe I can't afford a real seat like those big wigs but you can't kick me out!" This actually happened to me.