Keys to the Season
This Padres season is key. Why? I'm not sure. But I'm guessing it is. Here is a list of things that have to happen in order for this season to be successful:
1. Phil Nevin has to keep pie hole shut!
2. Phil Nevin and Ryan Klesko have to stop acting like little babies with wet diapers.
3. Padres who shall not be named have to get off the 'roids and start taking batting practice.
4. John Moores needs to open his fat wallet and start spending some money. No more excuses about how he's poor or how he's given enough. Remember this from the movie 'Rushmore'?
Max Fischer: How the hell did you get so rich? You're a quitter, man!
Herman Blume: I spent eight million dollars on this.
Max Fischer: And is that all you're willing to spend?
5. Kevin Towers has got to stop planning for championships 10 years from now. Nobody cares about 10 years from now. We care about this year. We've sat through enough 'young' teams.
6. Klesko has got to start hitting again or he's got to retire. Yes that's a period at the end of that sentence.
7. Bruce Bochy needs to start taking some risks and moving base runners.
8. Matt Vasgersian and "Mud" need to stop looking for famous people look-a-likes in the stands. I know this has nothing to do with how well the team plays but it's true.
9. The Pads need to start having some fun out there on the field. They look real bored and little bit glum.
10. If you haven't noticed I've run out of ideas. I'm counting this as number 10. Shape up Padres!