Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Klesko still complaining about Petco Park

Just reading this UT article about how Klesko is thinking he'll be better this season now that his shoulder doesn't hurt.

I can't believe he's still whining about the size of Petco.
Klesko chased his first-half nightmare, particularly in September when he amassed a 1.077 combined slugging and on-base percentage. But he still considers Petco Park, the team's spacious home, a haunted house for would-be home run hitters.

"Nothing I can do; they built it," he said. "You've got to take all the lift out of your swing, and that's what I did. It's going to die out there. You're just shooting yourself in the foot trying to hit the ball in the air at home. You've just got to play with what you've got. I'll get on base as much as I can."

Oh and get this:
Klesko's nine home runs last year were a career low, but he also hit 32 doubles – 22 in the last three months of the season – in 402 at-bats. "People are like, 'You really had a bad season last year,' but I'm like, 'It wasn't that bad,' " Klesko said.

Hey Klesko you really did have a bad season last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home