Thursday, February 17, 2005

Channel 4 One-on-One

I was watching Tim Flannery's one on one last night. He was talking about how he got real depressed after his pops died and how he got even more depressed when Mike Darr was killed in that Drunk Driving accident. He spoke of how that was when he realized that baseball wasn't as important in the whole scheme of things. After that he started being a little too outspoken in meetings and being too truthful and how that ended up getting him fired. That in turn got him more bummed out and he hid away from the world for awhile. But then his music brought him back. Hearing that song of his "Secret World" really brings me back to that '97 season. They played that just about everyday at the Q. Those were the good ol' days when you could go to Padres game whenever you wanted for 6 bucks and you never had to worry about it selling out. I digress...

Anyway, it'll be good to have Flan in the booth with Jerry and Teddy. Make it a little easier on Jerry. I think Ted likes Flan too, maybe not as much as Ted likes DZ Akins, but seriously can you blame him?



UPDATE: I'm learning from a comment that Peavy's One-on-One was on last night too and made me remember that Eaton has really bad frosted tips. Don't ask me how that reminded me.

UPDATE 2: Flan signed my hat on Opening Day in the late 90's. He was real nice about it. Actually Randy Jones (1976 Cy Young) signed the bill my green give away cap. I remember when you used to be able to get Opening Day tickets.

UPDATE 3: Kev reminded me of something. They were talking about how Flan needed Rotator Cuff Surgery, and at first I thought it was because of him doing that "Wind Mill" thing with his arm waving guys into home. But I remembered that coaches have to pitch BP and stuff too. The first woulda been funnier.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of base coaches, they should keep a statistic on these guys. Like a coaching efficiency metric. How many times guys are thrown out at the plate because they sent them, or how many runs they cost the team for not sending a guy. Too many intangibles I guess to keep track accurately.

I though Flan was a horrible base coach, but a real nice guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home