Tuesday, March 01, 2005

UPDATE: KT and Cami

Here's the UT article with more information on Kevin Towers and his knowledge of Cami's steroid use.

"I did not know," he said. "I had to look myself in the mirror. Was there something I could do in my first years that could have changed his outcome? I don't know."

I saw a TV interview with Tony Gwynn yesterday about this issue and Gwynn said he never suspected Cami of using steroids. He also doesn't think Bonds uses steroids. He said "... why would you when you're that good?" Hmmmm...

Here's a nice article on Cami and his legacy from the UT by Tim Sullivan.
If his disclosures and his demise served to speed baseball's efforts to curb illicit chemistry, Cammy may not have died in vain.

Talk of retiring Cami's #21:
Specific plans are still being formulated for the observance, but Freeman said he does not think it's the right time to retire Caminiti's No. 21.

"I don't know if we'd ever do it or not," Freeman said. "We've never really talked about it on an organizational basis. . . . I've gotten some e-mails from fans, but we've never gotten to the point where it is something we would do in the immediate future."

It seems like the Padres want to forget about Garvey:
Retiring Steve Garvey's No. 6 was rash. Retiring Caminiti's jersey could mean backlash.

"I highly endorse it," said Padres reliever Trevor Hoffman. "As a former teammate of Cammy's, and knowing the history of the organization, I think it's kind of a no-brainer.

2 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know... It's funny, Tony Gwynn isn't exactly the brightest light on the tree... He was probably so into himself that he couldn't possibly see that Cami, much less anyone, else would be using shampoo but steriods???

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger jbox said...

You know who was really into himself? MARK SWEENEY! Man that guy musta had a ton of of mirrors around his house, just so he could check himself out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home