Monday, March 21, 2005

I watched a bit of the game yesterday on channel 4. I missed the broadcast the week before so this is the first I saw of it, but Bochy's got a sick goatee going. That's a good lookin' dude with that goatee. It somehow adds definition to his face. He always looked a little bit emotionless when they'd show him on TV, but now, he looks gritty and vivacious. Like a mountain man. I'm sure it will really do well with guys like Klesko, Nevin and Giles who can appreciate a well groomed man.

Also, jbox and I had a Guy's Night Out (GNO) on Friday and hit the bookstore and Jack-in-the-Box. Our normal GNO would have included a trip to Target, but this was abbreviated as Jon wasn't with us. I picked up a copy of San Diego Padres 1969-2002 A Complete History. Not very well titled I suppose. I've read up to 1978 so far. I'll post a review when I'm done, then let jbox read it. There's some great trivia questions though. I love trivia.

Finally, it looks like there's an active competition for third base. Nady at third would be awesome. Especially for my wife's cousin Sara. At the games she could shout from her family's seats at Nady and yell things like, "Yoohoo!" and "Tall dark and handsome! Over here!" Then when she catches his eye, she can bat her lashes a little bit and wave a little white hanky. When he gives her a wink in response, it will set her heart aflutter. Sara, it's true. Don't even deny it.

3 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Kev said...

Nady's a 4A ballplayer in my book. Excels in AAA, but not quite consistent enough to last in the big leagues.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger jbox said...

That hanky thing had me laughing.

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, having X at third base would be HOT. Where can I pick up a "little white hanky" (since I don't currently own one)? I am ready to set my heart alflutter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home