Sunday, March 20, 2005

Former Padre Ego Retires

I don't think any former or current Padre had one the size of Roberto Alomar (dude, I'm talking about his ego here) who announced his retirement yesterday. I remember back in my husky days getting this guy's autograph on his rookie baseball card.



Afterward, I realized that I probably devalued the card by doing this. Turns out it didn't really matter as Alomar's on-the-field antics and fading career took this card's value with it. Adios Senor Alomar!

6 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Dex said...

That's a hall of famer you're talking about. And that blue called him a racial slur. You don't do that to anybody who's not white and not expect to get spit in the eye. If I remember right, it was a little bit of a sloppy spit too. Like a spray as opposed to a well placed loogie.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Nerd Hater said...

Freakin Padre fans always trying to latch on to a player who "used to be" a Padre but went on to bigger and better things.....and yes, this includes Gwynn going to SDSU.

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Dex said...

At least we have something to latch on to! All you have is a juiced redhead and an arch with an elevator in it.

(Did I already use this on you? I feel like I did.)

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Nerd Hater said...

You need to think about stuff earlier than 1998.

The 2nd most championships in the majors.

Stan Musial
Bob Gibson
Lou Brock
Ozzie Smith (you'll know him since he was a Padre for a minute)
and we have Clydesdales.

Boo
and
Yah

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all the availabe 1st basemen this year ,we had to keep the most injured, useless, one in the league.That is why we will not repeat as division champs!
Klesko sucks!!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Dex said...

What about A-Go dude? We have A-Go. A-Go's awesome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home