Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Fantasy Baseball

Updated 3/3: We've filled up! No more space! So we have at least 6 readers. Good for us. That'll stroke Kev's ego a bit. I'll be setting the draft to run on the 28th. The day after Easter. So say your prayers. Good luck to everybody!

We be playing us some fantasy baseball this season and as we have a month to go before the season and we've only got 6 people in our 12 person league, I'm opening this up to anybody who might see this post.

Here's the prerequisites:
1. This is an NL only heads up league, so be ready for that.
2. You don't have to be a Padre Fan Since '76 to participate. As long as you're a fan of some team and will actually participate.
3. Autodraft. All standard rules except we score for Holds for pitchers and OPS for hitters.
4. We playin' for fun. Put your wallets away.

If this sounds like something you want to do, then come on over! We know you're there! There's at least 4 of you! I'm talking to you Richard Bart. I see you there, David. Juan Carlos Lozano, time to step up. Nobody's afraid of you, Stl Bert. Geoff, let's see you put that calculator and those books to use! Anybody else is welcome. I guess even Jon.

Here's the info:
Site: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1
League ID# 21916 Password: bear

I'll see you on the diamond!

6 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Anonymous David said...

Death to Infidels is in the house.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Geoff said...

I'm in...

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Richard Bart said...

I just may be in guys...can't make the call just yet. My plate's a bit full these days and I'd hate to put forth a half-assed effort. I'll be in touch within the next day or two to confirm yay or nay. Right-on..thanks for the invite!!!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Dex said...

Richard,

The league just filled up this morning. I honestly thought there were only 4 readers. If you decide to play, let me know and I'll add two more team spots.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Richard Bart said...

Hey Dex,

No worries man...don't sweat it. As much as I would like to play, it's probably not in the cards for me right now. I don't know if you have any kids but I have 2 little ones and you'd be surprised how much time they take up. : ) These days...adding anything "extra-curricular" to my life is not quite the streamlined decision process it once was BK (before kids).

Anyhoo...probably way to much info for ya, huh. Maybe next season. I'll look forward to following the league via PFS76...I'm certain you'll be posting some entertaining pieces throughout.

Later for now.

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous David said...

"I honestly thought there were only 4 readers."

Well, I've told several friends about your blog - at least one of whom is in the fantasy league...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home