Friday, February 18, 2005

Wells on Wells

Did you see this quote from David Wells? From the New York Daily News:
I called (GM Brian Cashman) ... and told him if there's any interest, I'd love to come back to New York and play. Brian told me, 'We'd love to have you, but The Boss is looking in another direction and we're going to go with youth.' Then they turned around and signed Randy (Johnson). What part of that I didn't get, I don't know. I guess maybe I did wear out my welcome there, but at least I gave it a shot.
So I guess there was never any chance for us to keep that guy around. Sounds like he was desperate to get out. Makes me wonder what would've happened if Hoffy hadn't blown those saves in his games and Wells ended up with say 17 wins. A little more run support and those saves would've done it for him. Sounds like he would've taken those stats and thrown himself at Steinbrenner's feet.

And how does Boston feel knowing that this guy would rather have gone to the Yankees again? Man, I'm so glad we got Woody back. There's something to be said for having guys on your team that actually want to play for you.

1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger kev said...

I told jbox that Wells was an ass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home