Thursday, February 17, 2005

The San Diego Padres of Southern California

I don't know why, maybe because I'm a big fan of the OC. But it pisses me off everytime I hear about the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. If I had season tickets to the Angels, I'd say f-u to the owners. Isn't the OC one of the fastest growing markets in the US? Doesn't LA already have a team?

Maybe I'm missing something here. Tell me if I'm just plain stupid on the subject. This might be the dumbest thing Artie Moreno could have done. I think he's trying to tap into the LA Latino market.

Why don't we change ours to the San Diego Padres of America's Finest City?


[Note: I got a link to an interview with Moreno. Here's a quick quote:
Our season ticket sales are up almost 25 percent and we didn't lose any between the dugouts. We didn't lose any suite holders. So obviously, we must be doing something right...
A lot of people will be patient and realize what we're trying to accomplish. I have a saying that I keep in a drawer next to my razor, and I think it fits. It says, "The easiest way to failure is to try to please everyone."
I just wonder if he got that saying out of a fortune cookie. If so, dude needs to lay off the MSG. -Dex]

1 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger jbox said...

I think they should go back to the California Angels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home