Petco Park, how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways, in celebration of Valentine's day:
1. Western Metal Supply.
2. That gigantic screen next to the Western Metal Supply.
3. The little park next to the Western Metal Supply.
4. Randy Jones BBQ next to the park next to Western Metal Supply.
5. The door out of Western Metal Supply that sticks you behind a fence in left field.
What would make me love you more?
1. A gigantic mission bell instead of the one they got. Something big and loud that would signal Padre home runs and victories.
2. An In-N-Out burger in the stadium to go along with my Rubio's fish tacos and Oggi's pizza.
3. A pennant. Divisional, NL, World Series. Take your pick.
Seriously, that rally bell thing that they tried out last year wasn't very inspiring. I don't think I saw one come from behind victory when they rang the bell. Granted I didn't go to all the games, but that ain't no 9th inning monkey they got there. It's not even a karaoke cowboy. What we need is something big and defining. How bout this: In the 9th inning, if we're needing a kick in the rear, some booming gregorian chants come over the loud speakers, accompanied by the mission bell and a scary european techno beat.
Oh and retire the Cheers We Will Rock You thing already. It's done. Instead, go with the Linda Ronstadt version. It's spookier.