Monday, February 28, 2005

Devoted Padre Fan

So I'm recovering from a very short and exhausting weekend back in SD. Great seeing jbox and dex again. They wouldn't stop talking about this blog though. You would never guess it, but they're both real egotistical.

While in SD, I always make time to get a carne asada burrito at La Posta in Spring Valley. I know I'll have to clean some major house about an hour later, but it's a small price to pay for a taste of home. So I order my CAB and watching these guys make my food with their bare hands (please be advised that it says "A" health rating on the window, but I'm guessing they're really a "B" rating). I notice a family walk in to order up some grub. I couldn't help but notice the Dad had tats all over his arms.

My eye sight is deteriorating daily, but I know what I saw on this dude's forearm. He had a crazy huge "Padres" tattooed on his arm. My first thought was what a dumbass. But after thinking about it a bit more, I realized that this guy is truly devoted to his Padres. It really made me question my devotion to the Pads. It's true I'm fair-weather and hard on the players and management. Do I feel bad about that? Not really. Will I change my perspective? Probably never. My question is to you, the readers of this blog. At what lengths would you go to show your devotion to this constantly under achieving ball club? Tattoos, body paint, blogging?

2 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Anonymous David said...

For those not near Spring Valley, the La Posta in Hillcrest/Mission Hills is also spectacular. I'm not saying I moved to an apartment 1 block away just because it's so close to La Posta, but then again, I'm not saying I didn't.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger jbox said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home