Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Coleman and Boomer

Jerry Coleman's up for the Hall of Fame's Frick award today. It'll be presented at 11 o'clock Pacific. I'm calling it now: If Jerry wins the award, Padres win the world series. If Jerry doesn't, we win the division. A lot of pressure on Coleman to perform well, but I think he can handle it.

To the other end of the baseball spectrum, I'm down to 70 pages left in the Boomer biography, and to be honest, I think it'll be a bear to get through. I really enjoyed his retelling of the perfect game, and I even got through the '98 series pretty good, but honestly, now that he's been traded to the Blue Jays (in the book), I don't think anything really interesting happens to him at all. I even remember those years thinking that he just disappeared for a while before reappearing with the Yankees. Do I really want to know what happened while he was gone?

I just flipped ahead a few pages and there's a picture of him butt naked with his hands in the air looking at a bunch of sheep... I guess I'm gonna have to finish the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home